Pea is a delicious versatile vegetable that can easily add the sweetness to any meal.
You can store peas for longer using different methods such as freezing or canning.
I find freezing the easiest way to store peas, during the summer months I always freeze peas from my vegetable gardern to use later duing the year.
Here is how to freeze peas
What you will need
Ziplock Bag or container of your choice.
- Ice water
- Boiling water
1. Line a tray with cling film.
2. Remove peas from its shells.
3. Wash your peas and blanch them to do this you need to place peas in a pot with boiling water and leave them to boil for one minute.
4. When the one minute is up, remove the peas from the boiling water and place them in a ice water, this will help the peas to cool down and stop them from cooking further.
5. After the peas have completely cooled remove them from the ice water.
6. Dry the peas and place them on the tray lined with cling film and put them in the freezer.
5.Once the peas have frozen transfer them to a ziplock bag or to a container of your choice.
Over To You…
Do you like mushy peas?
You Might Also Like
|FREE Weekly To Do List Printable
Free gift for you, just fill in your email address to get your Weekly To Do List Printable and updates on our new articles.