I love using onions in my meals especially in stews, soups, and in salads.
Onion is a versatile vegetable and be used in many recipes.
This year I decided to grow some onions in my garden and I am already harvesting, some of the onions.
Because they are so many I have decided to freeze them.
Freezing onions will save me time as I don’t have to chop onions each time I am preparing a meal.
I like to freeze even the green part of the onions which taste nice and are full of flavour.
Here is how to freeze onions
What you will need
Ziplock Bag or container of your choice.
1. Line a tray with cling film.
2. Wash your onions with cold water this will stop onions sting your eyes when cutting your them.
3. Peel your onions and chop them to your desired size.
4. Place the chopped onions on the tray and put them in the freezer for one hour.
5. Transfer the onions from the tray to a ziplock bag or to a container of your choice.
6. There you have it your chopped onions ready to be used.
Freezing onions will change the texture of the onions from crunchy to soft.
Onions that have been frozen are best used in stews, soups and they are not good to use in salads.
Over To You…
How do you cut onions without crying?
You Might Also Like