Spinach is a very healthy dark green vegetable. It comes in two main variations baby spinach or the giant spinach.
The baby spinach can be eaten raw in salads it can also be cooked. The giant spinach taste better when cooked. Spinach is nutritious it has healthiest nutrients and minerals including vitamin K, vitamin A and iron.
Here is my favorite recipe for cooking spinach ( the photo above is giant spinach I harvested from my vegetable garden.)
1 tablespoons rapeseed oil
Salt and pepper
4 tablespoon of double cream
1. Wash spinach thoroughly and cut it
2. Slice onions thinly into long strips
3. Heat rapeseed oil in a pan on high heat.
4. Add the thinly sliced onion strips , saute the onion for about 1 minute to release the flavor. But don’t let the onion go brown.
5. Add spinach, a handful at a time, and adding another handful as spinach wilts, and cook stirring constantly.
6. Add the 1 tablespoon of double cream.
7. Taste the spinach, and add a pinch of salt and pepper, to your taste.
8. Serve it as a side dish for your main meal.
You Might Also like
Free Life Tips !Join my email list and get my latest articles into your email box