Pasta in one of our favorite family meals especially my kid 3 kids are the biggest fans of it. We like to make our pasta sauce from scratch.
Cooking our pasta sauce enables us to save money and we can also control what goes in our pasta sauce rather that buying pasta sauces which are full of sugar and additives.
1. 1 tbsp rapeseed oil
2. 1 garlic clove, crushed
3. 400g can chopped tomatoes
4. 1 tsp beef stock
5. 1 tbsp tomato puree
6. 1 tsp sugar
7. half tsp dried basil leaves
8. A few fresh basil leaves
9. Half tsp paprika
10. 1 small onion sliced
Salt and pepper.
1. Heat the oil in a pan, add the garlic and sliced onion, then gently fry for 1 min
2. Add paprika, tomato puree and dried basil leaves
3. Tip in all the rest of the ingredients, then bring to the boil.
4. Reduce the heat, then simmer uncovered for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Put salt and paper to your taste
6. To finish, then stir into the sauce to your cooked pasta and scatter some grated cheese on top and fresh basil leaves on top
Tip: We buy our cheese as a block and grate it ourselves, it works out cheaper than buying grated cheese. This electric grater does the crating for our quite quick it has been our great time and money saver.
You Might Also Like
This post might include affiliate links
Free Life Tips !Join my email list and get my latest articles into your email box