Do you make your own sandwiches at home?
Home made sandwiches are great for lunch as you can prepare them well ahead of time.
They are less expensive than store bought sandwich which are full of preservatives and additives to make them stay fresh for longer.
Homemade sandwiches are also great for kids lunch-packs especially if you have fussy eaters who are not keen on school dinners.
Here 22 simple sandwich filling ideas
1. Jam And Butter
2. Egg And Mayonnaise
3. Any Sunday Roast Left Over Meats
4. Pulled Duck, Lettuce and Tomato
5. Shredded Chicken, Lettuce, Tomato And Mayonnaise
6. Pulled Pork, Lettuce, Tomato And Cucumber
7. Baked Fish, Lettuce and Tomato
8. Roasted Turkey, Cucumber, Tomato And Cheese
9. Peanut Butter and Strawberry Jam
10. Tuna And Mayonnaise
11. Ham, Cheese, Tomato Cucumber And Salad Leaves
12. Cheese And Tomato
13. Cheese And Onion
14. Cream Cheese, Cucumber And Radish
15. Cheese And Chutney
16. Grated Carrots, Hummus and Cucumber
17. Sardines And Tomatoes
18. Chicken, Sweetcorn and Mayo
19. Egg and Avocado
20. Banana, Avocado and Boiled egg
21. Tuna, Sweetcorn And Mayonnaise
22. Vegetable Mix Sandwich (Lettuce, Cucumber, Tomatoes, Peppers And Onions)
5 Tips On Making Sandwiches
1.Use fresh bread when making your sandwiches as it tastes much better.
2. Use spreads to avoid sogginess. It’s easy for sandwiches to get soggy to avoid this you need to use spread such as butter, mayonnaise and margarine.
3. Add vegetables when making your sandwiches, they are a variety of vegetable you can put in your sandwiches. Sandwiches with vegetable look appetising and they are healthy too.
4. Learn how to layer your sandwiches. When making your sandwich it important to lay the filling in a good order.
Start with spreads then meat and or cheese then put watery vegetables in the middle to avoid sogginess.
Most homemade sandwiches can last up to 2 days in the fridge depending on the fillings used in the first place.
Over to you…
Which sandwich filling do you enjoy most?
You Might Also Like
|FREE Weekly To Do List Printable
Free gift for you, just fill in your email address to get your Weekly To Do List Printable and updates on our new articles.